Over the years, we've found the following students THRIVE in our program:
Students who have a primary diagnosis of intellectual or developmental disability or cognitive delay.
Students who have the ability to follow basic rules designed for everyone's safety and wellbeing.
Students who are comfortable handling ADL's for self-care and are able to move around with minimal staff assistance.
Students who do not want to harm themselves or others and/or do not have a history of this behavior.
Students who enjoy engaging with peers and are looking to grow in their independence.
Students who have graduated high school and are at least 18 years old.
We know you'll love Barnabas Prep as much as we do. If you think your student meets the criteria above, here are the eight steps to take you and your student from Inquiry to Move-In Day!
1. Your family expresses interest by requesting information and a campus tour from our website inquiry form.
2. We'll reach out to you to schedule a tour and you will receive a pre-screening call from our Senior Prep Director.
3. Time for your campus tour! We will provide you with an informational packet during your visit. Bring your questions! We'll be ready to answer.
4. After your tour, request an application. Complete and submit it to our office via mail or email.
5. Your student's application will be carefully considered by Barnabas Prep's Admissions Committee.
6. The admission status will be communicated to you via email and/or phone call.
7. We will send you an enrollment packet, which includes forms for you and your student to complete, packing details and expectations. A deposit is required to hold your student's spot and is applied to their tuition. We'll keep in touch leading up to the best day in September...
8. Student move-in day!! Welcome to campus!!